The Sullivan County Public Library serves residents of Sullivan and Sullivan
County, Indiana. A public library, it has been in operation since 1905.
In 1899, the "Woman's Club" began a drive to establish a Carnegie library
in the city of Sullivan, Indiana. It was officially completed in January
1905, with a cost of $10,000, and was then open to the public. It is a
two-story, Bedford limestone structure, complete with a dome. There have
been several different changes to the library throughout the years, which
has included a new addition to the structure in 1994, which also included
an elevator. In the late 1960's and the early 1970's, the Merom, Shelburn,
Farmersburg, Dugger, and Carlisle libraries merged with the Sullivan Library,
and became a part of the Sullivan County Public Library system..
Sullivan County Public Library